VOGONS


First post, by sunnystew22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello,
I have an old Toshiba Satellite 1670CDS that has 2 CardBus slots. I recently bought 3 PCMCIA/CardBus cards, 2 were WiFi, 1 was a USRobotics 56K XJack modem. I tried initially to get them working on Windows 2000 to no avail, then accidentally destroyed my 2000 install, so I decided to install Windows 98.
I've now realized that these cards require a program called "Buffalo Wireless Client Manager" to get working. I found a version on Archive.org, but it was version 2, and it didn't seem to recognize my card. After some research, I found out that I need version 3 of this software, but can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have this piece of software or is it lost media?

Reply 1 of 2, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sunnystew22 wrote on 2026-08-18, 13:10:
Hello, I have an old Toshiba Satellite 1670CDS that has 2 CardBus slots. I recently bought 3 PCMCIA/CardBus cards, 2 were WiFi, […]
Show full quote

Hello,
I have an old Toshiba Satellite 1670CDS that has 2 CardBus slots. I recently bought 3 PCMCIA/CardBus cards, 2 were WiFi, 1 was a USRobotics 56K XJack modem. I tried initially to get them working on Windows 2000 to no avail, then accidentally destroyed my 2000 install, so I decided to install Windows 98.
I've now realized that these cards require a program called "Buffalo Wireless Client Manager" to get working. I found a version on Archive.org, but it was version 2, and it didn't seem to recognize my card. After some research, I found out that I need version 3 of this software, but can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have this piece of software or is it lost media?

Try here ( ClientMgr3.zip )... https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … riverid=1075460

Reply 2 of 2, by sunnystew22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I'm currently on a road trip for approximately 14 days and don't have access to the Toshiba. I will try this piece of software soon.