First post, by OtakuN3rd
- Rank
- Newbie
Hello all,
I'm not very active, and I know most aren't really that familiar with me on here. I'm also not sure where all I've mentioned the laptop I'm posting about (Maybe I did this before and forgot?).
In any case, I have an engineering sample laptop that is physically branded HP, but there are no regular model number labels on it. They haven't been removed, they were never attached in the first place. There is a sticker on the bottom that mentions it has not met all regulatory approvals. The interesting part about it is that the BIOS is branded as Compaq. This was made in the wake of the HP buyout of Compaq and given to me by a former electromagnetic compliance engineer from Compaq (and HP).
Given the BIOS date of October 8, 2002 and the 2.4GHZ Pentium 4 this is equipped with, I suspect this laptop would end up becoming the HP Pavilion ze5200. The BIOS calls it out as a Presario 1100 which I believe is a holdover from the previous generation of very similar laptops.
Numerous people have asked me over the years to back up the BIOS file and I have finally gotten around to it after having this laptop for close to 5 years. I'm not set up to post files to The Retro Web, so hopefully this post here will allow this ROM to be looked over to see if anyone more skilled than me can find anything interesting from it. I dumped it using the Universal BIOS Toolkit program, so hopefully its a usable format.