First post, by BooseF16
I am building a retro computer and trying to have an external SCSI Chain on it and I am running into a problem when I add a SCSI Zip drive to the end of the chain.
The Adapter is AHA-2940U2W and it detects all devices when the SCSI BIOS loads successfully.
The External Chain is a Jaz Drive at ID 4 and a Zip Drive at ID 5 with Termination On.
When I boot in this configuration the boot hangs at after the SCSI BIOS loads successfully. If I remove the Zip Drive and keep just the Jaz drive it boots fine into Windows 98 SE.
My initial thought is the Zip drive runs SCSI-1 and it connected to a WIDE external port on the Adaptec Card. I turned off Wide negotiation for the Zip ID and got the same results. I tried it with Wide negotiation off for the Jaz and Zip since they are on the same chain and got the same results.
Right now my though is to buy a 50 pin internal to external adapter and plug those devices into the 50 pin SCSI-2 chain inside the computer.
Any thoughts?