First post, by dionb
- Rank
- l33t++
Today received a curious pile of weirdness - some parts from an old Eurotech system. It consisted of a VME backplane (ET4008B) with 3 PC/104 connectors, a 44p IDE connector, some Lattice FPGAs and assorted SRAM chips. The PC/104 connectors were populated with SBCs. One had a Motorola MC68302 SoC on it, the second had a similar design but with some awful solid glue obscuring the chip markings, and the third was a regular 486 SBC. Maybe one day I'll have time to look at the more obscure stuff, but for now I'm focusing on the 486.
It's markings indicate it's a "IDEA AT32/Axx Module". Eurotech doesn't seem to have any documentation publicly available, nor did they in the past if archive.org is to be believed. But a bit of digging found this manual for the RTC CME486 cpuModule, which seems to match my SBC perfectly.
I plugged it into a PC/104 backplane, added a VGA card and it booted to a very uninformative POST screen that identified as IDEA AT32 and then seems to look for boot media and failing to find what it was looking for comes up with a "Press any key to reboot" message.
2 issues:
1) I can't get keyboard to work. I have a PS/2 port hooked up to pins 5/6/7/8 of the J1 multifucntion connector but if I plug a keyboard in (tried both native PS/2 and older AT DIN with adapter) the board refuses to POST. I've tried changing pins around, in which case the board does nothing, so I think pinout is correct. There may be an issue with my PS/2 port, so I need to rule that out before any next steps.
2) even if I get keyboard working, according to the manual there's no built-in BIOS setup and it needs an external program for it:
The Setup program can be found on the floppy disk included with the module, and can be started by running the CME486 program.
I don't have said floppy disk. Unline Eurotech, RTD has a lot of documentation and software online, including the (same) manual for this board in their archive. Unfortunately, their software archive doesn't go back as far as the documentation archive, so there's nothing in there for the CME486 boards - nor was there back in 2003 in the earliest snapshot on archive.org.
Anybody got an idea where I might find that setup program?