First post, by WolfiEisens
Hello,
I'm trying to restore a DEICO PC-286i motherboard with the C&T CS8221 NEAT chipset.
Unfortunately, one of its two 27C256 BIOS EPROMs is missing:
U31 HIGH/ODD – present
U32 LOW/EVEN – missing
I dumped the remaining original ROM and identified the BIOS as:
Quadtel CS8221 NEAT 286 BIOS Version 3.05.02
I've searched The Retro Web and other BIOS archives, but so far I've only found Quadtel 3.05.01 and 3.05.03, which are different BIOS versions.
Does anyone have a DEICO PC-286i, or a dump of this particular Quadtel 3.05.02 BIOS?
If someone has a working PC-286i, even a 64 KB dump of the F0000h–FFFFFh BIOS area from DOS would be enough. I can split it into the LOW/HIGH ROMs and compare it with my original HIGH ROM.
I can also provide my original HIGH/ODD dump for comparison.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to restore the board and preserve the complete BIOS.
Thanks!