VOGONS


"New" CH375 DOS Driver

Topic actions

First post, by jdredd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Here is my attempt with AI slop driven DOS dev for a CH375 driver.

Idea was 1 single driver file for "all" x86 CPUs for A CH375 ISA Card that has been optimized.
In my case the typical Chinese one. Only one I have.
Plus try and get some gains for read/write on slower machines.
I only have one system, an IBM Model 30 with an NEC V30 CPU.
For myself it works great.

RetroTech Chris tested it on a 486 @ https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/2093496321252466891.html

I had some decent gains over the FreddyV version on my older V30 CPU machine.

Be interesting to see what 8088, 8086, NEC V20, 286 ect show for results eventually.

I started with the original v1.9 driver and went from there.

Can get @ https://github.com/jdredd87/CH375/

I didn't mention FreddyV in the github, so as not to confuse people that may stumble across this and think its his.
His is mature and known to work... mine is well... it is what it is... only time will tell I guess if anyone uses it with results.

I would suggest using A USB stick that you don't mind thrashing... just in case.
I've been using it for two weeks now hosting a website when I am not using it for some other projects .
So far haven't ruined the USB stick yet.

This was just for fun guys... so please be gentle with me on the attacks... 😀