VOGONS


First post, by jdredd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

As part of my wasting time and AI slop... after 3 days of chasing ghosts, finally got some real progress today.
Using two different USB to Ethernet adapters ( both ended up same chipset ) was able to do some real work with mTCP.
I have an older adapter coming to try soon. Might get some more down the road to add more support and verify it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBiqO9EyT_4

https://github.com/jdredd87/CH375USBTools/tree/main/CH375Net

Got a little bit more work to do... and some more "CH375 USB Tools" to be made... have keyboard... mouse... keyboard/mouse combo "working" ...
I only have 1 system... an IBM PS2 Model 30 8086 ... so testing efforts pretty limited πŸ™
People want so much for A real 286/386/486 systems πŸ™

Using my DOS Bridge stuff and Claude has made this about as rapid dev as I can get for doing DOS dev with AI and using real hardware over the network.
Using the PicoMEM WIFI and now the CH375 for network traffic, it works decently well.... at least for me πŸ˜€

Either way... this has been fun. I am sure things are not 100% perfect. But so far its a start.

My hope is to hammer out a bunch of stuff for all kinds of different things here for the "tools" side of stuff... and hope someone forks it or adds more improvements and such.

As for anyone who asks Why? .... why do anything then I say...