VOGONS


First post, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

I've been toying with the DMA and IRQs for my "SB16 SCSI" card's drive controller, trying to get the yellow exclamation mark to go away in Device Manager.

Is there a specific driver I need, or another setting that should work?

I'm currently on DMA zero and the IRQs on defaults according to the manual I found on The Retro Web:

https://theretroweb.com/expansioncard/documen … ation/53582.pdf

Last edited by Lylat1an on 2026-09-15, 21:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by NeoG_

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As far as I know it's a bog standard AIC-6360L SCSI controller and it installs fine using Adaptec EZ-SCSI

What is the reason given for the exclamation mark in the device properties? Have you checked the hardware resources to see if they align with the jumpers on the card?

98/DOS Rig: BabyAT AladdinV, K6-2+/550, V3 2000, 128MB PC100, 20GB HDD, 128GB SD2IDE, SB Live!, SB16-SCSI, PicoGUS, WP32 McCake, iNFRA CD, ZIP100
XP Rig: Lian Li PC-10 ATX, Gigabyte X38-DQ6, Core2Duo E6850, ATi HD5870, 2GB DDR2, 2TB HDD, X-Fi XtremeGamer

Reply 2 of 2, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
NeoG_ wrote on 2026-09-15, 13:30:

What is the reason given for the exclamation mark in the device properties? Have you checked the hardware resources to see if they align with the jumpers on the card?

It said that the card's resources weren't configured properly.

I found Windows' program that displays current DMAs and IRQs, and it was looking in I/O address 140H instead of the jumper-configured 340H.

Switching that in Windows fixed it. :)