First post, by derFunkenstein
Hi all! I'm new here, but not super new to retro hardware. I've long been into old Macs, but just started getting into old PCs.
I bought myself an A-Trend 430TX motherboard and a K6-2 333 MHz combo, but I did not realize that the CPU was actually a PowerLeap PL-ProMMX-R v6.0 module. The heatsink isn't super well-mounted, because it's not original, but I worked out a solution for that. The big problem is that it has a 4-pin auxiliary power connector and I have no cable. The spacing seems right for a Berg connector, but it's clear the plastic clip is not made for it, and I have no idea what the voltage/ground pinout should be.
I found the manual online (https://ardent-tool.com/CPU/PLProMMX_manual.pdf) and it doesn't give me any indication. I have not tried to fire up the motherboard yet (though I do have a Baby AT power supply and all the other parts I need to build this thing) and I'm afraid of frying something if I do without the power connected. Does anybody know how this should be arranged, or how I can get hold of a replacement?
Thanks!