I have the audigy cd w/ the dos drivers. I'll try posting them here before week's end. A reply to this email might help remind me.
The DOS drivers will NOT install as is under WinMe. If you want to setup the DOS drivers in WinME, you'll need to do the following:
What you need
* one(1)extra free IRQ other than used by card
* some HD space
* audigy cd
* skill, concentration and luck
* an old elite dos game, dos4gw preferred
* latest audigy driver if needed
1) copy \dosdrv\ from CD to HD
2) delete checkos.exe
3) run the setup, reboot. At this point after reboot it will detect sb16 emul device.
4) setup your favorite dos game for sound
I didn't write or try these instructions, so I can't be sure how well they will work (they're from
http://www.nitroware.net/index.php#newsitemEp … FykpZZAtXKKsbEe).
You'll probably need to edit autoexec.bat to include the appropriate lines, and you'll need to find a way to boot winme to dos (do-able, but it requires some workarounds or kluges). Also, the Audigy DOS drivers require you to load emm386.exe.
If possible, dual boot Win98 (or Win98SE) w/XP rather than WinMe. You'll get simpler access to true DOS and a higher level of compatability.