VOGONS

First post, by mealiette

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello i have two normal usb mice and a touchpad, whenever i load settlers 2 gold through dosbox 0,70 and tried even 0,72 all the mice work but all affect only one player, so i would like to ask if there is a way to make one mouse affect one player and the other to affect the other player ... If you know how i'm almost always on my icq 246 864 071. thank you very much

Reply 2 of 5, by mealiette

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You mean a mice such as a PS/2 mouse? so the second player works?? because my touchpad is a PS/2 and i was wondering how to configure dosbox so it would seperathe these two mice ... thank you for your time

Reply 3 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

serial != ps2

check google or wikipedia to see what is the difference (serial=com)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by bugs_bugger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mouse drivers only provide one pointing device. Even if there are more connected to your computer, there is always only one 'cursor'. Therefore settlers 2 needs to acces the second mouse directly. As there was no USB at that time, serial was the only common way to connect a second mouse. So you will need:
1. At least one serial port.
2. A serial mouse
3. A properly configured serial section in your dosbox.conf
4. Perhaps to disable the windows driver for the serial mouse
Serial are not that common, but they are still available. There are PS2 to serial 'adapters'. Be warned that these will only work with mice which internally support serial voltages and serail mouse protocol.

Anyway it is possible to play Settlers 2 in splitscreen using Dosbox as I already did so. Just try hard enough.

Reply 5 of 5, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah cool! i mightbe able to play this game against my bro 😉

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website