VOGONS

Common searches

Mortal Kombat 1 hangs with SB sfx

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by wolf3d.exe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I have a problem with Mortal Kombat 1 which hangs when I use Sound Blaster. During speech, when the announcer shouts "fight!" or "finish him!" that's when the game hangs and I have to power down my system (don't even have a reset key). Does this happen to anyone else?

Here's my setup:
-ICL Ergo e450/75 (OPTI Viper chipset)
-ATI Mach64CT 2MB integrated video
-Intel Pentium 75 MHz
-SB16 Value ISA (CT2770)
-Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22

I've the same problem with other PC's too (same soundcard tho). Choosing Adlib in the settings, MK works fine but no speech obviously. I've tried everything, the drivers, irq-settings, clean boot etc...

Reply 3 of 5, by yellow2011

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I need you guys help; MK1 (floppy) won't install onto my harddrive and says that there isn't enough harddrive space although I have 2 640 GB harddrives on my Computer. All the other requirements are met. This is the only one that isn't. do you guys know what to do? 😕

Reply 5 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
yellow2011 wrote:

I need you guys help; MK1 (floppy) won't install onto my harddrive and says that there isn't enough harddrive space although I have 2 640 GB harddrives on my Computer. All the other requirements are met. This is the only one that isn't. do you guys know what to do? 😕

Always post your own problems in a new thread.

Thread closed.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline