VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jamyskis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Anyone having problems with the Marine Mania expansion, specifically in regard to opening the show script window.

The tutorial claims that I should click on the feeding platform to open said window, but no matter where I click or what I press, the game simply does not want to open this window.

Is this a bug of some kind related to modern PCs (too fast a processor?). Am I the only one experiencing this?

Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.2GHz per core
16GB RAM DDR4
AMD RX 580
6TB hard drive over three hard drives
Windows 10 Pro

Reply 1 of 1, by Houdini52

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Better late than never and others may still need it going forward. It's not because you are running on modern hardware and I didn't install with any compatibility settings on W8 or W10. Reinstall marine mania either with your physical discs or your legal discs backup in iso format. If you are reinstalling with the iso backup then the marine mania iso backup is corrupt and you need a different source. Create a new iso backup or use Google. My MM iso backup was corrupted so I recreated the iso backup of disc two and marine mania functions worked again in game. If creating an iso backup still doesn't work, try using different iso software to create the backup until a piece of software does work to create a valid and corrupt-free iso backup image.

If the show script doesn't open then other things may not be working such as you can't sort by and can't see "marine mania" as a filter option in the animal, buildings, and other menus (It's invisible but you can still click on the empty space but I don't remember what happens but even if it does work, this still indicates that your install is corrupt). You can't see the tab within the animal menu that contains the "show animals" trick toys (the missing tab has a picture of a dolphin hoop and I think should be under or within the other tabs where the "animal toy" tab is), and your guests may not have any "thoughts" displayed. After I recreated the iso backup then all this worked again as well as the show script. Pm me if you need further help with material.

When I reinstalled, I did a clean install by uninstalling disc 1 and 2 then reinstalled both discs without a reboot even though the problem was only with disc 2, marine mania (MM).

The quick way I tested to see if my new iso backup was not corrupted instead of running through the install and wasting all that time waiting was I opened WinRAR and opened the faulting file that failed during install which was for me ui4.ztd (On the MM disc 2 install). I switched to see "all files" in winRAR instead of archive files and browsed to the MM disc thats mounted and I think it's in the marine\data\dlupdate folder or ZLupdate folder or something close to that and then I tried to extract the contents of ui4.ztd (which is a folder) to the desktop and if it extracted without any errors within winRAR then I knew it should have created a corrupt-free iso backup. I ran through the install and everything was working again!