First post, by vetz
* Retail support for V1 cards, but patch required/recommended for V2.
** Previously reported as not working on V2. I could not find a solution. If you find a way to get these games running, please post!
*** Crashes when starting a race. Manual states no Voodoo2 support.
^ Crashes with error "Out of memory for current_texture_data in setGlideTexInfo" on second level. Known error due to the game not flushing texture in video memory.
SLI=NO means that set SST_SLIDETECT=0 must be included in the batch file for the game to run if you have a SLI setup.
PATCH + BATCH FILES (Voodoo2 ready):
DROPBOX LINKS ARE DEAD, ALL FILES CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rikziafi8ai33/dosglide
- Archimedean Dynasty (ad_3dfx_v2.zip)
- Battle Arena Toshinden (tsd3dfx.rar)
- Blood (blood3dfx.zip)
- Carmageddon (carma2.zip)
- Descent II (d2_3dfx_both_patches.zip)
- EF2000 (ef2000_3dfx.zip)
- Extreme Assault (extremeassault.zip)
- Fatal Racing (fatfx.zip)
- Jet Fighter III (jf3up3.zip)
- Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny (ll2_130e.zip)
- NASCAR Racing 2 (nr2_3dfx.zip)
- Screamer 2 (S2V2.zip)
- Screamer Rally (sr3dfx2.zip)
- Shadow Warrior (sw3dfx.zip)
- Starfighter 3000 (starfighter_3000_patch3dfx.rar)
- Tomb Raider (tombrush.zip)
- UEFA Champions League 96/97 (uefa3dfx.zip)
- VR Soccer 96 (VRSoccer96_3dfx.rar)
- Whiplash (whip3dfx.zip)
- X-Car: Experimental Racing (XCARFX.zip)
All tested on a socket 7 system.
I can also add that many games benefit from the increased the performance of the V2. GTA and Shadow Warrior also allows increased resolutions. The fact that you can't run one or tops two games should not stop you from using a V2 for DOS Glide games. The benefits with increased performance outweighs the drawbacks imo. Hopefully this matrix can stop all the rumours floating around that you must have a V1 for DOS Glide games.
Other DOS Glide lists:
Zeus (nGlide): http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/compatibility
Gamescollector: http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic. … 77&p=1044#p1044
robertmo: Re: Revised list of Voodoo games for DOS.
Stiletto: DOS Glide Games List