VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't take much credit for this one, other than finding it on the net (and, in the case of the patch, storing it years ago!)...

Rally Championship Xtreme by Warthog/Actualize had a patch released. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the web any more, so I've attached it to this message!

However, the game may crash when starting a race, even with the patch. Fix the crash by simply download a codec and installing it! You can find it here: http://www.replaying.de/files/rally-champions … -windows-7-8-1/

Attachments

• Filename
    Rally Championship Xtreme patch.zip
    File size
    1.17 MiB
    Downloads
    1492 downloads
    File comment
    Rally Championship Xtreme patch 1.0
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 2, by error0187

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's the TrueSpeech codec. The Game uses this codec for the co-driver. It used to be a part of Windows, but got removed after Windows XP.
You might need an additional patch - afaik you can't configure the controls. If you choose the controller setup option in the menu, the game will eventually crash. Check this site: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1813265
(This also fixes a similar problem in Rally Trophy)

Reply 2 of 2, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's a good post, however I can configure the controls in both this game and Rally Trophy. It's possible that during the re-installation of over 300 games, one installed something that allows those controller configs to work. Either that or installing ACT added a behind-the-scenes fix for the games.

I think (from memory) that one other game (I forget which) that uses that controller config program doesn't work. But I can't remember what it is!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor