VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I managed to hack the in-game music CD-check in lecmusic.dll.

Now you can use winmm.dll for ingame music without CD.

Bonus! Change music volume works. Mix the in-game music you prefer.

See attached file.

Ivan

Attachments

Reply 3 of 9, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes i noticed about that.
I am trying to join the lab files with laber.exe. We will see how it goes.
There is another option regarding the sound. it is easy to change the references to the CD so you can put all of the music files in the same folder.

Reply 4 of 9, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It was even easier. Just extract the files from olgeo.lab from cd1 and cd2 to the game directory with gfe.exe from outlawdad's site.

Dont forget to adjust the*.msc files so the references to the ogg files is correct.
I tried and it works with all the music files from both cd's in the same folder.

No cd shifting anymore.

Reply 5 of 9, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found a new way instead of hacking the dll.file.
Change outlaw_1 or outlaw_2 in the .msc files to a * and the check is gone. The dll hack actually fails on the villa since it says outlaw_* in the .msc file. Then i takes anothter turn in the dll file and the hack dont work. If that happens just put a 1 or a 2 instead of * in villa.msc. Use hexeditor and you will find it in olpatch2.lab.
I will post adjusted files for the whole shebang.

Outlaws portable finally.

Reply 6 of 9, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Would be nice to get Outlaws working without CD switching, but I really can't follow your instructions, nor do I understand how the game "knows" which disc is on and the proper CDDA track to play.

Reply 7 of 9, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Short answer since i am at work.

cd name outlaws_1 outlaws_2. Cd-check in lecmusic.dll. Use attached file for try.

In lab files is ''level''.msc. There is reference to wich cd and wich track to play.

I found a new solution without crack on lecmusic.dll. Change outlaw_1 to * in ''level''.msc file.

I will tell you how to extract the files from .lab files. or just wait to tomorrov and i will submit the whole package.

Ivan

Reply 8 of 9, by marzsyndrome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was going to suggest maybe you could try the WinMM.dll hack from GOG's Jedi Knight install, seeing as they found a way to make it support the CDDA from both discs of that game, but it seems you found a convenient solution already. Maybe GOG might use your advice and credit you when they eventually(!) get round to releasing that game. 😉

Reply 9 of 9, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I actually tried that one but it didnt work. One still have the problem with the olgeo.lab file. It is solved now though.

I posted my solution for download in a new post.
swede1872's Unofficial Outlaws Installer
Outlaws with music and no map switching.

Ivan