VOGONS

First post, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Has anyone ever successfully managed to get any of the ATI x800 AGP series cards to work correctly under Windows 98 SE with the 6-2 drivers?

I've tried searching the forums here and can't find a answer anywhere, so.. looking for thread here.

I was considering it for my one win98se build in the other room but I wanted information from some folks here before I made the purchase, if possible.

Reply 1 of 8, by Jax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have X850XT PE AGP with 6.2 drivers in Win 98 SE and I don`t have any problems with it.

M575,AMD K6-2 500,128MB,VirgeGX2 PCI+Voodoo2SLI,AWE64,ISA LAN,80GB HDD,CD-RW,DOS 6.22/WIN98
CUBX-E,Tualeron 1.4,512MB,Ti4600+Voodoo2SLI,AWE32+Vortex2,HDD 160GB,DWD-RW,WIN98
775i65G,C2Q Q6600,2GB,7900GS AGP 512Mb+Voodoo2,SBLive!,SATA 250GB,DWD-RW,WIN98/XP

Reply 3 of 8, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WinME + X850XT PE Agp + Catalyst 6.2.
Unfortunately the card has leadless soldering...

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 4 of 8, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gamecollector wrote:

I read on one forum website during my searching of google yesterday that the cards run hotter when run under Win98se. Does anyone know anything about that?

Reply 5 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kithylin wrote:
Gamecollector wrote:

I read on one forum website during my searching of google yesterday that the cards run hotter when run under Win98se. Does anyone know anything about that?

Which forum was it?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kithylin wrote:

Cheers!

It's on msfn.org, which I consider one of the best quality forums about Windows. But this is only a single post. For all we know he was using different (versions of) programs to measure the VGA core temps and this might account for the differences this user experienced.

It might be possible, bit I have never used such a "new" graphics card with Windows 9x before (newest was probably some Voodoo 3 or something roughly the same age).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!