VOGONS

First post, by bluejeans

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a feeling that this would be very hard to implement but just maybe someone has already done so... setting the number of cpu cycles in dosbox isn't working for certain games, I'm forced to set a percentage of the cpu instead and the number of cycles aren't even displayed.

Reply 1 of 3, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Would be nice but the only way that I know is to use another machine with a capture card installed. Fraps is demanding on modern machines but wouldn't be surprised that a basic screen capture utility could be made for just single frame captures.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 3, by bluejeans

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
nforce4max wrote:

Would be nice but the only way that I know is to use another machine with a capture card installed. Fraps is demanding on modern machines but wouldn't be surprised that a basic screen capture utility could be made for just single frame captures.

I'm not interested in screen capture, I want to be able to see the framerate my games are running at.

Reply 3 of 3, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's not really possible in DOS.
Fraps works by hooking into the graphics APIs of Windows, and then just counting how often a new frame is presented.
In DOS, there are no APIs built into the OS, so every game accesses the hardware directly, and you'd need a specific routine for each individual game to count the frames.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/