Rank

amibcp21p.gif
bcp21.jpg

Where can I find "AMIBCP" (for DOS) ?

For example:
BCP14.EXE (for core BIOS 07/07/91)
BCP20.EXE (for core BIOS 12/12/91)
BCP21.EXE (for core BIOS 06/06/92)
BCP21A.EXE (for core BIOS 11/11/92 and 08/08/93)

please, share?

Reply 1 of 95, by hyoenmadan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is AMIBCP (AMI BIOS Configuration Program tool)...

And these old versions are lost in time. People has been searching them for years and no one seems to have them. Probably the ones who could had them wiped their floppies as contract requeriment, as these programs are generally part of NDA kits, and aren't supposed to be distributed.

Said that, i have a set of the older BCP program, which still doesn't make use of that f*cking DOS4GW DOS extender, and also an AMIMM command only version. But them where made with core v6 in mind, i don't think them can handle older core versions.

Reply 2 of 95, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How did these screenshots come into being? Obviously somebody still has copies.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 4 of 95, by hyoenmadan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:

How did these screenshots come into being? Obviously somebody still has copies.

These don't look like real screenshots, but some example made in a text editor. Also they could came from some manual or textbook. I mean, i know about this specific quest very well, and no one i know was successful to find these editor versions, except the ones i have (for CoreV6, not the ones you can find easily in BIOS mod sites. These are for CoreV7/V8/Aptio UEFI) which are too new according OP request.

This makes me think that people who possibly had them followed very well their NDAs, which generally dictates you have to destroy the lend software, or return it, without making any copies, when you finish using it. Isn't the first time this happens. Years ago some guy commented about an MS-DOS OAK disks which were destroyed after he ended his post, only because he said he had to because his NDA.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140326202606/ht … e-30-years.html

🤦

Yes, some people follows their contracts religiously even if years happened and no one remembers them/them aren't under it anymore. Since no one was able to find these older BCP versions, this makes me think the same fate happened to them, and now them are lost in time. Unfortunate, but as they said... "Shit happens" (tm).

Reply 6 of 95, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am necroposting this , has anyone ever found one of these old AMIBCP programs?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 9 of 95, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The oldest Windows version I have is 2.42. The oldest DOS version I have is 5.11E. It would be nice to get a hold of every version between 1.0 and 5.0, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about this. The odds are about as good as finding a MR BIOS image for the VLSI topcat.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 10 of 95, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I assume dos 5.11e still can't work with 386/486 bioses?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 12 of 95, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does this count ? http://www.win3x.org/win3board/viewtopic.php? … =30&f=4&t=14091

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 13 of 95, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Might help somebody (I had versions 2.99 and 2.70), but its a different beast and not quite what we were looking for.

Reply 14 of 95, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Since you are all talking about the old versions of BCP and AMIBCP, can we get the ones you do have put into a package to download somewhere?

There are a few versions mentioned that I don't have and can't find a download for.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 16 of 95, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote:

Why are you after these at all? They were made for OEMs to customize the BIOS. If you just want to change extended settings, AMI-Setup is all you need.

Because we like stuff like this. And why would we always want to run AMI-Setup? Unlocking the settings in the BIOS is a better solution.

I used to do a decent amount of BIOS modding back in the day. Not sure if I ever had the old DOS versions that everybody seems to be looking for. I might have some old backup CDs somewhere that may have some older versions.. but not sure if I would have even backed that stuff up or if I actually got rid of those CDs or not. This would have been back in '97 - 2001.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 17 of 95, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ exactly for this reason 😀
amisetup is not always sufficient

Reply 18 of 95, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Also, my understanding is that AMIBCP will recalculate the checksum when you modify the BIOS, so if you wanted to add PS/2 mouse support to the BIOS, you could properly modify the BIOS, as is done using Modbin for AWARD BIOSes. This is a discussion on this in the native ps/2 mouse adoption thread, starting somewhere around here, Re: DTK PKM-0033S +5V pin overheating + PS/2 mouse implementation

Another nice feature of AMIBCP would be to set your own BIOS defaults, rather than having to reset them when you remove the RTC battery. And a lot of motherboards with dead RTC batteries which do not properly POST are because the BIOS settings aren't set properly. If you set them properly as defaults, I have found that the MB will boot up.

Plus what others have said. Makes acquiring older versions of AMIBCP of value.

Reply 19 of 95, by nzoomed

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Has anyone actually thought about approaching AMI about this?

They may be happy to release the older versions of the tool since it isn't going to even work on newer motherboards anyway.
Would even be cooler if they open sourced these early BIOS' so that they could be modded by us 😁

IDK how it worked back in the day, did AMI and Award have to go and write the BIOS for each motherboard manufacturer, or were they a modular platform that each motherboard manufacturer used and inserted different modules according to the hardware and other chipsets on the board?

Last edited by nzoomed on 2020-08-10, 23:23. Edited 1 time in total.