VOGONS

First post, by peklop

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi
who made this no-name AMD Interwave card? i found only two photos of cards:
first card with socket without RAM: http://www.yjfy.com/museum/sound/sound-16-ISA.htm
second card with RAM: http://fm801.kewl.org/images/hardware/misc/

- no name. Only 35-8251-01 Rev.B printed and photoetched in both sides of the PCB.
. made in china paper label
- standard interwave chip KC type
- simple PCB but different from the ME3201, PCA761 and STB
- 40pin DIL socket for RAM and GUS
- TEA2025B
- first card is from 12/96 and second from 50/96

-- unknown PnP bus ID in EEPROM
-- unknown drivers

Reply 1 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The partnumber looks like a PC-Partner model number.
I'll see if I can find anything.

edit: I don't have any time right now, but it could've been made by pc-partner (they at least used to use that kind of modelnumber scheme a lot back in the pre-2000 years).

Does your board have an FCC number? There should be a database where you might be able to find more about it.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 8, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Perhaps it's the Lung Hwa SW101. According to some fora the Philips PCA761AW shares its design with the Lung Hwa SW101. The card pictured looks like the Philips with different partnumbers.

YouTube

Reply 4 of 8, by peklop

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks!

No FCC ID or name. Only "35-8251-01" number etched into both sides and same number printed.
Card is similar but different from SW101/PCA761AW. Main due TEA chip.

PC-Partner is good idea. I found S3 Trio VGA card with number "35-8213-20 REV A". Graphic design is very similar. Looks like card from same company. But again no FCC ID number and name PC Partner is only paper label.

PC Partnes is unknown maker for me. Is it company designing their own cards or only rebranding product from same company?
What is their FCC ID identifier?

Reply 5 of 8, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
peklop wrote:

PC Partnes is unknown maker for me. Is it company designing their own cards or only rebranding product from same company?
What is their FCC ID identifier?

PC-Partner is Sapphire. They usually make ATi /AMD video cards, thus my question above. It's a little confusing, just like Palit, Gainward, Expert Color (old) and Xpert Vision (new) are owned by the same company - Palit.

Reply 6 of 8, by peklop

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks.
Back in 1995-97 DataExpert (Expert) used FCCID "LUT" and their own PCBs with name "ExpertColor" photoetched to card.

I know PC-Partner made some mainboards and S3 cards in half of nineties. Now i mus find what FCC id was used twenty years ago.
And if someone have price list from these times where could be listed Sound Card.

Reply 7 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kanecvr wrote:

PC-Partner is Sapphire.

Learned something new today 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!