VOGONS

First post, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recently purchased from Ebay one of these little 486 boards, mostly to have a backup 486 motherboard in the unfortunate scenario of my Lucky Star LS486e rev D dying.
I found as many have before that the latest available bios 400a has a few issues like ps2 mouse not working, hanging on either the hdd identification or
PNP listing during post. The problem I had was that it hanged at the hdd id part and wouldn't identify my 40gig hdd.
I have run the 400a bios through Bios patcher and re-enabled the ps2 mouse port in modbin.
Everything appears to work ok, ps2 mouse works in dos and win95, serial mouse works dos and win95. My 40gig hdd is properly setup in the IDE auto detection.
It doesn't hang at the PNP listing, so all good. I have uploaded my 400a bios if anyone wishes to give it a go.

Attachments

• Filename
    4DPS400A.zip
    File size
    114.58 KiB
    Downloads
    173 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 1 of 4, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks!

Just flashed it and looking good.

Haven't got a PS/2 cable to test, but I'm sure it works.

utEuvNrl.jpg

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 4, by sd_entertainmnt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
This is what I use: […]
Show full quote

This is what I use:

9oopiqHl.jpg

Thanks! I just ordered one for $4.50. There is something cool about erasing a chip with UV... but oh well.