VOGONS


Sony Vaio PCG-F801A

Topic actions

First post, by elod

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

So I scored a working laptop that has a K6-2+ in it.
The trouble starts with the other parts of it: Trident Cyberblade i7 (which is not that troublesome) and an ESS Maestro 3.

Since this ESS chip is basically crap in all aspects except digital audio what would my options be to get some MIDI working under Windows 98?
I know OPL2LPT should work and I also have a PCB.

Hunting down the drivers was a real pita with the Sony archive gone. Do we have a browsable download yet? Yes, I know, get a Toshiba (and I have some 😀 ). I just could not resist and I'm glad I got it because of the CPU alone.

Reply 1 of 1, by kirikl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

How is it going with F801A?
I have F801
Trying to find Utils and drivers for BatteryScope and etc.... I can't make it work...

GA-5AX/k6-3+ 600mhz
XT Turbo 10mhz
HP TC4200 / NC6400
Sony Vaio PCG-SRX99 / PCG-505TR / C1 Picturebook
Compaq LTE Elite 4/75CXL / LTE 5000
Toshiba T1100+ / T3100e/40 / T3200SXC
Tandy 1400 LT / 1000HX
PB G4 1.33 / G3 300
iBook Cl 300