VOGONS

First post, by AlessandroB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a SBC with P233MMX (but have also a K6III 400 if i need) with Alladin V and a graphic card C&T 69000. That card, is good enough for retrogaming '90 era?

I means: no 3D games or only software render 3D games, if i remember wheel the real heavy 3D that need a 3D accelerator come out in a late PentiumIII/Pentium4 era. Before that age, only the CPU render the scene.

Tnks

Reply 2 of 6, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've looked into these cards and they are interesting for DOS AFAIK. VGA Museum has some Quake benchmarks, it does pretty well if I recall. Separte cards for the consumer market are rare, you do see them offered as pulls from Siemens / NCR / medical machines, hence there is little info concerning games. I think it will perform well speed and compatibility wise.

YouTube

Reply 4 of 6, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1998 AGP/PCI laptop chip with some dedicated LCD driving circuity. VBE 2.0 compliant apparently so should be fine for DOS and 2D Windows 95/98 gaming.
http://pccomponents.com/datasheets/ASIL-B6900.PDF

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 5 of 6, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AlessandroB wrote:

And my use/scenario is correct in your opinion?

Yes should be fine I think. How much memory does it have? I think I read it's limited to 2MB... So that might limit you in resolution options.

YouTube