First post, by DenizOezmen
recently I toyed around with an ASUS P3B-F, and obviously I came across the modified "Noa" BIOS for this board. While effective, I disliked the way some of the changes were done, so I decided to re-do everything (and add a little bit more). Maybe somebody else can make use of it. The mod is based on the last official beta BIOS 1008.004, has been ported to some other ASUS boards with similar BIOS versions and includes the following changes:
- support of multipliers 12.5x through 16.0x on the "Advanced" tab of the BIOS Setup Utility, including display of suggested CPU speeds for standard FSB speeds
- support of displaying normalized frequencies at bootup for multipliers 12.5x through 16.0x at standard FSB speeds
- fix for the display of processor brand names at bootup, including support for Pentium III-S processors
- fix for the display of frequency suffixes (A, E, B, EB) at bootup according to Intel datasheets
- support of additional voltage ranges to suppress Hardware Monitor errors at bootup
- updated processor microcodes
- fixed display of multiplier 2.0x for processors with Klamath core
- unlocked core voltages for undervolting
- added Setup Utility "Enable" option for Symbios SCSI BIOS to force loading the ROM module even if no matching adapter is present
- CUBX: updated CMD Ultra66 ROM to version 1.9.16
- CUBX-E/L: updated Promise Ultra100 ROM to version 22.214.171.124
- POST fixes for Pentium Pro processors (tested on P3B-F)
- fix for the "Processor Version" and "Processor Family" fields in SMBIOS
- support for monitoring slow-spinning fans in Hardware Monitor (down to ca. 700 RPM, warnings at ca. 900 RPM)
- experimental support for Via C3/Cyrix III processors (tested on CUBX and CUBX-E)
All BIOSes seem to work fine here. Still, make sure you have a working crisis recovery procedure before attempting to use them.
Edit 2019-10-30: Fixed suffix for Celeron 900; ported changes to ASUS CUBX-E/L, beta revision 1008.004.
Edit 2020-05-12: Fixed display of multiplier 2.0x for Klamath processors on P3B-F.
Edit 2020-05-17: Enabled selection of VCore voltages lower than stock voltage for P3B-F.
Edit 2020-05-20: Fixed a bug that caused the VCore voltage menu to stay hidden.
Edit 2o20-05-21: Added "Enable" option for Symbios SCSI BIOS on P3B-F.
Edit 2020-05-30: Uploaded latest versions for P3V4X and CUBX-E/L after testing.
Edit 2020-06-18: Uplodad latest version for CUBX after testing.
Edit 2021-06-23: Incorporated POST fixes for Pentium Pro processors on P3B-F.
Edit 2021-07-11: Uploaded latest versions with SMBIOS fixes and (untested) Pentium Pro fixes for P3V4X.
Edit 2022-02-05: Uploaded latest versions with slow fan support.
Edit 2022-02-20: Uploaded versions with experimental Via C3 support, fix for Katmai voltage monitor error and port for P3V133
Edit 2022-06-25: Disabled CPU temperature display in Hardware Monitor for Via CPUs; made upper VCore limit for CPUs requesting 1.50 V dependent on CPU core (1.70 V for Tualatin, 1.80 V for other cores)