VOGONS

First post, by that1crzywhtguy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm really scratching my head over this one. I can't figure out what could be causing this to occur.

I installed WC, and set it for MT-32. When I try to open WC, it says "expanded memory detected," but then it just hangs there. If I set the configs for sound blaster, then the game boots and runs fine. Switch it to back to roland, and again, it is sticks.

I've tried reinstalling, I've checked all the configuration of my awe32, and nothing is helping.

Also my mt-32 setup works fine in every other game I've tested it.

I would be vary grateful for any help with this one!

Last edited by that1crzywhtguy on 2019-11-16, 01:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 5, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How long did you wait? Also when you start the game and you see that message, look at the MT-32 and see if the Midi messages light is blinking. It could be that the game is still initializing the MT-32 and you might not be waiting long enough?

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 4 of 5, by thorsten.iwanowski

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there

I face a similar problem with starting WC I and WC II on a recent WIndows 10 notebook.
The installation of the SoftMPU did unfortunately not work given my PC only allows 64 bit software to be installed.

Do you guys have any resolution for that please?

Reply 5 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
thorsten.iwanowski wrote on 2022-09-22, 22:34:
Hi there […]
Show full quote

Hi there

I face a similar problem with starting WC I and WC II on a recent WIndows 10 notebook.
The installation of the SoftMPU did unfortunately not work given my PC only allows 64 bit software to be installed.

Do you guys have any resolution for that please?

I never used SoftMPU but as far as I remember isn't it a DOS TSR? And not anything for Windows?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058