VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by walester

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently upgraded to the new Mac OS X Catalina. I receive this message every time I run DosBox. I have given permission in Security to allow input, but the message keeps appearing. I did not get this message with Mojave.

Any suggestions for a fix?

TIA

Reply 1 of 3, by krcroft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Saw a similar report and lengthy solution here - https://support.logi.com/hc/en-au/articles/360023203954
Looks like it involves quite a few adjustments - do any of them help? (in addition to your existing security setting)

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you are using the latest version and not a beta then it could be the tracking of the mouse

"Rest assured, Cinch does not monitor keystrokes, but does track the mouse cursor in order to trigger window resizing. Cinch 1.2.3 and prior used an older technology to track mouse events called an "Event Tap." A new "Input Monitoring" permission was added in macOS 10.15 Catalina which detects apps using an Event Tap (even if just for mouse events) and pops up this warning. Cinch 1.2.4 now uses a more modern "Global Event Monitor" to track the mouse on Catalina and later to avoid this warning."

Also:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detai … different-mouse

So likely an SDL issue.

Test SDL1 vs SDL2 and if doesn't occur with SDL2 then that could be why. If occurs in both then not fixed in SDL2 either.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by graysonlang

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the same problem. The issue is that by default DOXBox adds the internal binary file to the security dialog not the actual DOSBox application. Just go to the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Input Monitoring pane and click on the lock to make changes, then hit the "+" button to add a new application, navigate to the DOSBox app and select "Open".