VOGONS

First post, by Durandal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

image0.jpg

Hey all, I recently got a loose Diamond Edge 3240 card and was wondering where I could find compatible games for it.

I'd really like to play Daytona USA but can't find a download for a version that specifically mentions Diamond Edge 3D support, so I thought I'd ask around before randomly downloading everything I can find in hopes of stumbling across the right version.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by SodaSuccubus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great find 😁

There's a handy list of all known compatible NV1 games here (including some unreleased ones):
3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
Most games patched for the NV1 came bundled with the card, some retail releases like Virtua Cop and Toshinden should have support right out of the box or with more easily source able updates as these weren't bundle exclusives.

As for Daytona, Supposedly NV1 support -only- came with the Japanese retail release and no where else AFAIK. Meaning, as with most of these limited kinds of releases overseas, its gonna be a nightmare to find.

Reply 3 of 3, by Durandal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SodaSuccubus wrote on 2020-03-21, 06:58:
Great find :D […]
Show full quote

Great find 😁

There's a handy list of all known compatible NV1 games here (including some unreleased ones):
3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
Most games patched for the NV1 came bundled with the card, some retail releases like Virtua Cop and Toshinden should have support right out of the box or with more easily source able updates as these weren't bundle exclusives.

As for Daytona, Supposedly NV1 support -only- came with the Japanese retail release and no where else AFAIK. Meaning, as with most of these limited kinds of releases overseas, its gonna be a nightmare to find.

Coincidentally I just bought Toshinden before I got this card, there's no mention on the box of a Diamond Edge though. I'll give it a shot later and report back, thanks!

Pretty sure I used to have multiple Japanese PC versions of Daytona USA but must have sold them a few years ago when I purged most non-FPS games from my big box collection. 🙁

DosFreak wrote on 2020-03-21, 14:09:

Durandal,

We don't allow so called "abandonware" here. Demos are fine though.

Understood.