User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

i have DosBox 0.63 and used SUSE 9.1.
If i started halloween harry the menu show 1 second then for
0,3 second black monitor then is the menu back. Always if it start a
new level the same.

I emulate a soundblaster and have nvidia driver with 2,2GHZ AMD.

Reply 1 of 5, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Halloween Harry is very hard to get running, even in DOSBOX. If you can find TP7P5FIX.COM on the internet somewhere, then you can run all but the last level through Windows. Just load TP7P5FIX.COM and then run Carnage.exe The final master level, however, requires too much memory, so I load DOSBOX for the final battle.

Don't know if this is exactly what you want, but it is how I get the game running for me.

Reply 2 of 5, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Game runs fine in DOSBox for me... those fade in fade out issues have been around for a long time now.

I don't know why but the DOSBox team haven't been that particular in looking into it to see if its fixable.

I've asked about it before. Lots of early Apogee/ID soft games were apparently badly written and do some very not kosher things in DOS which could cause problems in DOSBox.. like the game Biomenance.

Which you need a special TSR made by one of the people of DOSBox (I've forgotten which) that allows it to not freeze during game play.

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 5, by AnoNunga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey. Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread but I'm having this exact issue where the menu and screens all show up twice. It appears once then again with the screen menu active.

I'm hoping there's been some progress on this since the last post.

Thanks for the help 😀

Reply 4 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

it is not a real problem.

the thing is they use a function we don't support. (stop drawing the screen), while they redraw the menu.
So you see it 2 times.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!