Rank

I have an IBM PS/2 Model 95/A with the following specs

Pentium 1 66mhz
16mb RAM
IBM SCSI/2 with SCSI2SD 4gb card, 2 partitions
IBM XGA/2
3Com Etherlink III
Resound 2 AdLib OPL3 Clone

For some reason, I just cannot get AdLib to work with Wfw 3.11 on this system. I've reinstalled the driver a bunch, no fix. The midi mapper applet in the control panel doesn't ever show up. I get the following error when trying to run Media Player.

"There are no MCI device drivers installed on your system. Use the Drivers option in the Control Panel to install MCI device drivers"

The drivers that show in the applet it mentions are: AdLib, Midi Mapper, Timer, [MCI] Midi Sequencer and [MCI] Sound.

Windows 95 does perfectly fine with the Opl3 driver it comes with. However, Windows 95 isn't period correct for this system, I really want to use DOS and 3.11.

Help me out?

Early 90s: IBM PS/2 Server 95/A, Pentium 66, 16MB RAM, XGA-2, IBM SCSI Corvette, SCSI2SD, 3 Com EtherLink III MCA, Resound 2 AdLib MCA
Late 90s: Micron Millenia MXE, ABIT VH6-II, Coppermine 1ghz, 1024MB, Voodoo 5 5500 PCI, GUS Max 2.1, 128GB SATA PNY SSD

Reply 1 of 3, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Click on the adlib "applet" and look at the properties. Usually Adlib is the easiest thing to install.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 2 of 3, by Camtheman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is what my control panel looks like. There's no AdLib applet either.

ivi2lI8.png

Early 90s: IBM PS/2 Server 95/A, Pentium 66, 16MB RAM, XGA-2, IBM SCSI Corvette, SCSI2SD, 3 Com EtherLink III MCA, Resound 2 AdLib MCA
Late 90s: Micron Millenia MXE, ABIT VH6-II, Coppermine 1ghz, 1024MB, Voodoo 5 5500 PCI, GUS Max 2.1, 128GB SATA PNY SSD

Reply 3 of 3, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Resound 2 MCA is no real Adlib, only compatible.
Maybe this is the Issue.

Would be intressenting if it works on PlaidBid MCA which is a Adlib MCA Clone.

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board