VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBsv-jRiIT8

Last edited by Akuma on 2020-12-27, 19:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just a quick casual "reverse engineer your soundcard and recreate it in a different form factor, because a regular sized PC box would be inconvenient", heh heh. I guess inconvenience comes in many different forms.

Great skills, and it was nice to be educated about the lesser-known PC/104 form factor.

Reply 3 of 7, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kolderman wrote on 2020-12-27, 19:39:
Akuma wrote on 2020-12-27, 17:10:

Wow...you made a custom sound card for PC104...that is an insanely great retro home project. Nice work!

No, I just stumbled over this during my Doscember bingewatch.
I thought it might be interesting to like-minded people around here.
In retrospect the that topic title was no good .

That guy has some serious skills 😎

Reply 4 of 7, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The rasteri's work on Doscember was amazing! I've got some PC/104 boards but I didn't share my PC104 to ISA + ATX power adapter yet, it works fine so far. But a whole soundcard moved to PC/104 format, that's awesome. His solution for making panels was excellent too - those PCBs are so cheap that making a PCB with cutouts and soldermask is the easiest way to make up a flat panel these days.

I wonder if he posts on here?

Reply 5 of 7, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Shreddoc wrote on 2020-12-27, 17:53:

Just a quick casual "reverse engineer your soundcard and recreate it in a different form factor, because a regular sized PC box would be inconvenient", heh heh. I guess inconvenience comes in many different forms.

Great skills, and it was nice to be educated about the lesser-known PC/104 form factor.

Well I hope there is a path to a proper all-in-one in there. Can you imagine, that size with an Orpheus soundcard ?
I'll ask Keropi what he thinks of this.

Thermalwrong wrote on 2020-12-28, 04:27:

The rasteri's work on Doscember was amazing! I've got some PC/104 boards but I didn't share my PC104 to ISA + ATX power adapter yet, it works fine so far. But a whole soundcard moved to PC/104 format, that's awesome. His solution for making panels was excellent too - those PCBs are so cheap that making a PCB with cutouts and soldermask is the easiest way to make up a flat panel these days.

I think not, because he would have used one of Phil's installation disks and maybe UniSound for the soundcard.
But he is definitely more than welcome in my book 😁

Reply 6 of 7, by rasteri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Thermalwrong wrote on 2020-12-28, 04:27:

Hi, yeah I lurk here, thanks for all your kind words!

I was gonna make a thread here about the PC104 soundcard when I got the second revision done. I had to add an I2C EEPROM to the board because I couldn't figure out how to get the CS4237 to work without one (I believe it's possible but I ran out of patience trying).

I would offer to help make a PC104 orpheus but the last thing I need is more projects just now haha, maybe someday. Really the CS4237/S2 combination works just fine for nearly all the games I want to run.

Reply 7 of 7, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After watching some of your video's, you should definitely have your own video thread.
Announcing your presence in the release announcements here would make a lot of people happy.

Subscribing!

Going by your video's, you might be interested in these threads:
* Plantronics drivers for Sierra games Newly written driver(s) for Sierra's Creative Interpreter – Starting with Plantronics ColorPlus
* Golden Axe with multiple video cards Re: Golden Axe in Hercules mode
* Rambo 3 color correcting patch Rambo III colors are off