VOGONS

First post, by Glurak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

is there a reason when i use glide with dg voodoo that the FPS is capped at 60 instead of 200? how can i change that.

Edit: I have this problem with Diablo 2. Diablo 2 has a fps cap at 200 since patch 1.14d

Reply 1 of 4, by De-M-oN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glurak wrote on 2021-03-23, 16:19:

is there a reason when i use glide with dg voodoo that the FPS is capped at 60 instead of 200? how can i change that.

Happens with NFS 4 too

dgvoodoo caps Need For Speed High Stakes to 60fps in Glide Mode

Reply 2 of 4, by Glurak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
De-M-oN wrote on 2021-03-23, 18:02:
Glurak wrote on 2021-03-23, 16:19:

Happens with NFS 4 too

dgvoodoo caps Need For Speed High Stakes to 60fps in Glide Mode

I looked at your thread soo here some more information:

Single player is capped at 25fps. Multiplayer is 200fps Direct x will get 125 but is capped at 200. With different wrapper like svenwrapper: http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html (made for d2) i get the cap off 200. (but video keeping at aspect ratio wont work for me here)

The game is here aswell much smoother with 200 fps compared to the 60 i get with glide through DGvoodoo

Also i play with a 144Hz monitor so Vsync shouldnt sync it at 60 😀 (but its of course off in my drivers)

Reply 3 of 4, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do you expect 200 fps with single player mode?
I have Diablo 2 patched to 1.14d, had a look at it again, and the ingame ran at 25FPS, the ingame menu at 60FPS.
Requesting vSync is harcoded into the game code (at least in single player), so I don't understand how it should run uncapped.

Also i play with a 144Hz monitor so Vsync shouldnt sync it at 60 😀 (but its of course off in my drivers)

No, because the game initializes Glide with 60Hz display request that your monitor supports, that's why it vsyncs to 60 fps.
Force 144Hz in the control panel, and then it should go up to 144 fps.

Reply 4 of 4, by Glurak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2021-03-24, 12:58:
Do you expect 200 fps with single player mode? I have Diablo 2 patched to 1.14d, had a look at it again, and the ingame ran at 2 […]
Show full quote

Do you expect 200 fps with single player mode?
I have Diablo 2 patched to 1.14d, had a look at it again, and the ingame ran at 25FPS, the ingame menu at 60FPS.
Requesting vSync is harcoded into the game code (at least in single player), so I don't understand how it should run uncapped.

No, because the game initializes Glide with 60Hz display request that your monitor supports, that's why it vsyncs to 60 fps.
Force 144Hz in the control panel, and then it should go up to 144 fps.

no i expect to work in multiplayer. like other glidewrapper does ( svenwrapper // nglide)

i will try the 144 control panel thing.

but still then i have only 144 fps. not 200 like i have with sven//nglide

Edit: so the control panel thing does nothing but i just found out i can see more options in the CPL 😁 The Force Vsync was checkes there. I disabled it. Now im capped at 144.... Sooo what now 😁