VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the Forgotten Realms Archives silver edition. The setup program launches but none of the individual games will install. It improved with Windows update.

Disk 2's install file is frontend.exe and it is Blood and Magic, the last SSI game for DOS. It does not run on my computer. Disk 3 is a demo of Baldur's Gate. Which you can get online any time.

There are collections that are currently available from GOG. Collection 3 does not contain Blood and Magic.

Suprisingly, there is a Dark Queen of Krynn collection from GOG.

Blood and Magic is a Windows game originally so its provision in a collection is not as significant as the other legacy games.

Last edited by dnewhous on 2021-09-08, 21:21. Edited 4 times in total.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 4 of 7, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The new collection 3 from GOG contains only Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan. The original silver collection was beautifully complete and it's a shame Menzoberranzan doesn't work.

The original Forgotten Realms collection was called "The Forgotten Realms Archives." It is described on the wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forgotten_Realms_Archives.

Last edited by dnewhous on 2021-09-08, 21:31. Edited 2 times in total.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 7 of 7, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Eye of the Beholder from GOG does work, you need to right click to use your weapons. Pick up stones early on and you thief and mage can throw them from the back line. The cleric does better at front, since he his better armed and armored than a thief.

My party is paladin/cleric/thief/mage. I only have 3 exceptional attributes for both the Paladin and the Mage.

Position 12 on the hint map is where you drop a stone to open a door. Position 19 is where you need to look for a small circular button on a wall to open the door.

Also, position 2 has halfling bones instead of a halfling NPC. I don't figure.

Reviewing the clue book again. Status - dead. You get a set of lockpicks on the ground. If you have a thief they start with lockpicks as well.

There's supposed to be background music for each type of monster. The fact that its missing means the source code port wasn't successful.

Daniel L Newhouse