VOGONS

First post, by Vina

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

A while back, I bought this game at CompUSA for $49.99 and had a blast playing it. Flash forward 6 or 8 years, I lost it. Luckily, I found a copy of it online in two .iso's. (Cd1 and cd2) Unlike most people on here, I am able to play Toonstruck on DOSBox just fine. I just extracted the .iso's into the suggested drive in the DOSBox newbie guide, "c:\oldgames" So I simply type:
mount c c:\oldgames
c:
install

I went through installation, exited, typed "TOONSTRK" in the suggested screen and sped up the emulation (ctrl+f12) to around 20000. Everything worked great until it asked for the second cd. I opened up a second Dosbox application and installed the second iso like I did the first. Thing is, I am not sure how to direct the first cd to the second one, and when I try playing the second cd and use my saved file, it asks for the first cd! Any suggestions? Maybe there is a way I can save my game on "Insert Disk 1" screen through other means? (Game itself won't allow me to go anywhere off that screen)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, Vina. Welcome to the forums 😎

I think you must tinker with the imgmount command a little bit. Also I do recall CTRL-F4 enables you to RESCAN disk contents when disks are swapped. 😉

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 2, by Vina

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply. I tried messing around with imgmount, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to run the .iso's. 😅 So I tried burning some cd's to see if that'd work, also nope.

Funny thing is, CTRL+F4 had no response on DOSBox whatsoever.

So I extracted both .iso's into the same folder (made sure act 1 and 2 were in the same folder) and it worked! Go figure. I guess the easy solutions are the best ones.

Problem solved! Hopefully this thread will help anyone else in the same boat.