VOGONS

First post, by IIfx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

Been trying to get my RAP-10 working in it's permanent home, an AT&T 486sx box. MIDI playback is perfect, but WAV is an issue. The card works perfectly in my HP Vectra VL33 under Windows for Workgroups 3.11 paired with an ALS100, but in the AT&T the sound card seems to play back all WAV files at the wrong sample rate, i.e the Windows 3.11 chimes on startup sound crinkly and fast. The system also has a MediaVision Jazz16 card present, but the drivers removed from the Windows side. That card is only needed for OPL, SB, and CD-ROM on the DOS side. No IRQ conflict that I am aware of as everything is working fine. I've tried changing IRQ's, interrupts, etc. and am just about out of ideas.

EDIT:

Tried updating to the Roland 2.2 driver, still having the same issue with WAV playing back at the wrong sample rate.

System Specs
486sx 33mhz
Windows 3.11 (not for workgroups - splash screen shows Win3.1)
20mb RAM
210mb HDD
Jazz16 secondary sound card
RAP-10 driver version 01.58

Reply 1 of 4, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi! Is -5v missing? I recall that a fast playback was some of the side efrects on some cards if -5v was missing.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 3 of 4, by IIfx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The new install of Windows and DOS didn't help - same issue. Anyone have any other ideas about why this would be happening? Perhaps DMA channels? I'm at a loss. Only new finding is that 44khz files play back perfectly - so it looks entirely like a software setting that needs to be flipped.

Reply 4 of 4, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Roland RAP-10 uses DMA 5 as default and so does an SB16 for high DMA. Naturally the ALS100, being SB16 compatible also uses DMA 1 and 5 just like a creative SB16.

Make sure you move ALS100 to use a high DMA other than 5.