First post, by Kahenraz
- Rank
- l33t
What happens if you install multiple sound cards that all try to configure themselves to use the Adlib port. Does the first always receive precedence? Is there a conflict or do the others just fail to configure?
What happens if you install multiple sound cards that all try to configure themselves to use the Adlib port. Does the first always receive precedence? Is there a conflict or do the others just fail to configure?
It seems to depend on the cards.
I have a couple systems with multiple cards (e.g. Adlib Gold, Yamaha Audician 32) using the same port and FM music plays on both of them.
Where it can get problematic is when you have a card like an Adlib Gold which requires that port for running its setup program. In that instance I had to switch the ports of the other cards to avoid a conflict.
The GUS PnP also seems to create problems when using the standard FM port and may prevent other cards from using it.
I can confirm that all cards play simultaneously and this creates a problem when daisy chaining cards together. I was able to solve this problem by using SBMIX to mute the FM from all but the card I wanted to hear. SBMIX only needs the BLASTER variable with the address and card type to know which card to configure.