VOGONS

First post, by sofakng

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've just purchased a DFI K6XV3+/66 (rev B2) which was sold as-is with a description of "Fans spins when powered on then stops". I have not received the board yet but the seller says it does POST and boot so I'm hoping the problem is something I can fix. Does anybody have any initial ideas I can check when I receive the board?

Regardless, I need to buy a power supply for it. I think it's standard ATX so should I just buy anything with a decent brand? If so, what wattage is recommended?

Thanks for any help!

Reply 1 of 1, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How have things been going? I have the same board. The CPU fan randomly spins up and then stops. Also, none of my fans are having their RPMs registered/detected in the BIOS. Once or twice the RPMs were being listed, and now they read "zero." I thought it might be a dip switch setting as I didn't have the manual when I first got it and had to play with the dip switches until I got my K6-III to post at 600Mhz, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the RPMs to register in the bios. It is also strange how the CPU fan sometimes doesn't continue to spin. I hope things are going well for you and your board!