VOGONS

First post, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/vb58432bbbEbaOhfJaOUEIE

This is oksori norebang running in DOSBOX 0.74. This free soundcard version (ver 4.5) works perfectly with windows internal MIDI mapper.
The strongness of OKSORI soundcard was not only good game sound, also supported for karaoke.

The normal Oksori WS32 driver diskeets, it includes Oksori Norebang(4.2), Okpiri 2.0.(and something else is like these exist in this world) The problem is the utilities in the diskeets check any(old or new) Oksori soundcards and will not run if it doesn't found a oksori soundcard.

Maybe there are many oksori application that won't here but common in korea old retro DOS community. So I don't want to crack these files for works in DOSBOX. I wish DOSBOX has a cheat schemes for these programs.

I don't want immediate result. If it deserves, then do it.

The OKSORI WS32 - a great 4MB programmable Wavetable Sound Card
This is one of oksori soundcards that can run these program. Unlike this, there are lots of various OKSORI cards that have yamaha OPL chip or without it but 9023 or 9233, with 8905 or without 8905. But all of them can run karaoke that I attached.

I will post working norebang 4.5.

Attachments

• Filename
    ws32mef.zip
    File size
    3.06 MiB
    Downloads
    96 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 8, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For give you some motivation I attached more videos.

The song used mode YAMAHA262 (DOSBOX 0.7emulation)
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v0e5bhLh1NOwGG3LDv115R5

This is famous Japanese digital music 😁 😁
(DOSBOX 0.7emulation)
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v2056hAynyAhhnCxmlHxxdh

I Attached norebang 4.5.

=How to use=
1. Make a folder and put Midi files in DOSBOX. (standard GM1 please)
2. run nore45.exe and go to the midi folder.
3. program tries to convert mid to okm let it do so.
4. you can change midi device clicking "환경설정" FM or internal MIDI.
5. If you have real WS32 you can attach 2 microphone for singing. this program will result about your singing 😁 😁
6. I have more than 2000+ but 99% are korean, cannot upload here. Is there any person who will sing a korean song with 20 years old ISA soundcard for karaoke?

Attachments

• Filename
    NORE.zip
    File size
    526.38 KiB
    Downloads
    100 downloads
    File license

Reply 3 of 8, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DOSBox IS NOT SUITED TO RUN YOUR NON-GAMING DOS APPLICATION

I can't agree about it. I didn't bring here a desktop publisher, database sheet program or an industrial measuring instruments for profit my company.
This is a karaoke program uses adlib, sound blaster and internal or external midi device for playing. For this software is works well in DOSBOX about playing.
I know DOSBOX is for games now so it doesn't have microphone and I know the day that using DOSBOX to sing a song will not come. (I saw similar thing in MAME, the "game" Kung Fu Taikun have microphones for summoning cloud in the game. It is out of their support.)
But if DOSBOX have a emulation scheme about this unpopular sound card DSP, we can "Compose" a karaoke song. Isn't it entertaining?
As I said it before, I don't want immediate result. And I think it should not disposed as this forum name is "DOSBox Games/Apps".

I feel odd the man who adds support 4-channel IDE and over 2gigs HDD images in his DOSBOX declines a soundcard. 😢

Reply 5 of 8, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ik777 wrote:

I feel odd the man who adds support 4-channel IDE and over 2gigs HDD images in his DOSBOX declines a soundcard. 😢

TheGreatCodeholio added an experimental stage of IDE support to his DOSBox-X branch.
DOSBox-X branch
Since his build is a branch of DOSBox 0.74, you won't encounter any problem with it while running the oksori software. I don't understand what you are talking about.

DOSBox basically does not support any hard disk image larger than 2gigs. Are you running a custom build that implements the feature? I only see that in TheGreatCodeholio's TO-DO list in his readme. Do you think that the support for such large hard disk image breaks your soundcard emulation?

ik777 wrote:

I can't agree about it. I didn't bring here a desktop publisher, database sheet program or an industrial measuring instruments for profit my company.

While the karaoke software is entertaining, that is a midi/fm player which is one of the non-gaming applications. I don't think there will be official support for it here.

Reply 6 of 8, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ykhwong wrote:

Do you think that the support for such large hard disk image breaks your soundcard emulation?

When using PCs or emulators of, all is possible. 😉

Klimawandel.

Reply 7 of 8, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Given that Norebang 4.5 works with regular MIDI, I thought Okpiri 2.0 might also if you can get past its hardware check for the Oksori WS32. That does appear to be the case, and I've been able to use the program in both GS and MT modes with my external GM/GS synth and external MT-32. If you try to use a feature other than MIDI, it might not work.

To get Okpiri 2.0 running you need to set up something similar to the BLASTER environment variable, so type the command "SET OKSORI=V0 S220 M330 I7 D1". There is a GS.BAT and MT.BAT in the app directory that you should probably run depending on which mode you will be using. Run the attached program in the app directory and it will launch the app with the hardware check bypassed. In the running app you should select GS or MT mode on the menu. To test that it's working, load a sample song and play it. The menu is in Korean, so it may require some trial and error to navigate if you can't read the language.

Attachments

• Filename
    okpiri20.zip
    File size
    234 Bytes
    Downloads
    108 downloads
    File comment
    Program to bypass hardware check in Okpiri 2.0
    File license
  • okpiri20.png
    Filename
    okpiri20.png
    File size
    10.81 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Okpiri 2.0 running in DOSBox 0.74
    File license

Reply 8 of 8, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I didn't expected it would be done so fast. Again, thank you ripsaw.
Now I can use this okpiri composer in my windows 7. In fact, nowaday downloadable sound fonts are much better than real WS32 that have.(If you choose the right one.) It will make me not to boot my retro PC.

I won't argue to other flamming to me. That's not good for everybody's mental health.

*edit*
It works AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!