VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

I've been trying to setup a friend's SB16 CT2270 in a DOS 7x installation (DOS7 from 98SE but without any windows present at all).
Naturally I downloaded the CTCMBBS and SBBASIC driver packages. But the Creative PnP manager complains that I need to update settings in win98 - but there is no windows installed.
I remember a solution to this was found here but I can't find it atm 😢
Could a kind soul point me to the right direction?
TIA! 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ thank you both 😀
I will try the /t switch and if that fails I'll resort to hex editing 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ DIAGNOSE.EXE doesn't pick up the card at all.
LPT/Serial ports are disabled and needed resources assigned to ISA manually. If the card is not PnP at all then it might be DOA.

Reply 6 of 10, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If it's not a PnP card, just run INSTALL (or was it SETUP) from SBBASIC folder. If you get an error about running it inside Windows, use SETVER. During the setup the resources can be configured if I remember correctly.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 8 of 10, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I noted this for the SB16 CT2290, which is based on the same CT1747 'OPL' controller:

Source - The card requires me to reserve an IRQ for legacy cards in the BIOS, and requires 'Diagnose /s' at every boot. CTCM does not detect it.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 10 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks all for the help/tips !
I got the card working again after I cleaned it's ISA connector. It didn't look dirty though.
The card worked without the PnP manager , just like Cloudschatze said 😀