Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 3100 of 3106, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2021-06-09, 09:55:
Currently playing through the S3D version of Tomb Raider on a VirgeDX. Going for the genuine early '97 experience, heh. […]
Show full quote

Currently playing through the S3D version of Tomb Raider on a VirgeDX. Going for the genuine early '97 experience, heh.

Frame rate varies between 12-16 FPS depending on the area. Not smooth by any means, but it's playable. Looks much better than software rendering though, and runs faster too, at least on this rig.

file.php?id=112144&mode=view

ah that FPS brings back memories haha. strange how S3D looks darker in general.

been playing Witcher 3, seems like Gwent the card minigame is more addictive than the game itself. DLCs are also more interesting than the main game story wise imo.

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE
On MobyGames

Reply 3101 of 3106, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-06-10, 13:11:

Me and my son played Sim Coaster and he had a blast building the park and designing the rollercoasters with me. Either this weekend or sometime next week we're going to start Sim Theme Park. I love playing these older games with him. He has a blast playing them.

sim coaster : i have to fight off the image of software that simulates something to put your coffee cup onto! 😀

Reply 3102 of 3106, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gerry wrote on 2021-06-10, 13:44:
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-06-10, 13:11:

Me and my son played Sim Coaster and he had a blast building the park and designing the rollercoasters with me. Either this weekend or sometime next week we're going to start Sim Theme Park. I love playing these older games with him. He has a blast playing them.

sim coaster : i have to fight off the image of software that simulates something to put your coffee cup onto! 😀

This is one of my favorite posts ever. I busted out laughing as I read it.

Reply 3103 of 3106, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've sunk over 20 hours into Tyranny and I feel I have completed a quarter of the game or so. Honestly? I think it's a criminally underrated masterpiece. If you dislike the Baldur's Gate and Pillars of Eternity kind of realtime/pause combat (and particularly Pillars of Eternity combat with its focus on cooldown abilities) you will hate this game mechanically, so it is not really for you. But if you like those types of games, it's a great narrative experience and I am having a blast progressing through it. It has a very open, branching storyline that allows you to take sides with a lot of factions (as well as go full anarchy and kill everyone), which in turn means you can retain and work with different NPCs/parties for wildly different endings. I can wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who likes RPGs. I just don't how this game did not become a huge hit, it is amazing.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 3104 of 3106, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Tyranny does sound interesting, wishlisted it on GOG 👍 I've been thinking about Divinity Original Sin 2 too, wishlisted it on GOG 👍

I've persisted with Pillars of Eternity II and it's starting to grow on me - combat is becoming more enjoyable as my party levels up and gets some more interesting abilities. I suspect I'm sucking horribly at the combat but playing on easy so I'm getting by. The characters are also working for me - I'm starting to care about my party members and enjoying the sailing mechanic; that could grow tiresome but it doesn't seem to require too much effort to keep your ship shipshape.

I also do like the setting - tropical islands, interesting dungeons, etc.

Untitled.png
Filename
Untitled.png
File size
284.87 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 3105 of 3106, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gave up on Homeworld after about mission 10. It just got too hard and the 3d space rts genre is just not my cup tea.

Sometimes knowing when to quit and move on can be a blessing.

Switched to my other gen3 pc and started warlords battlecry 1, which I have in big box form. Patches were incredibly hard to find.

Reply 3106 of 3106, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Finished off The Blues Brothers, a pretty tricky platformer actually but my final run I managed to finish it will full health and 3 extra lives. Could really do with a password save feature after each level, would make it much easier.

BluesBrothersCompleted.jpg
Filename
BluesBrothersCompleted.jpg
File size
162.61 KiB
Views
File comment
All 5 levels crossed out!
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Interesting that after finishing the last level the game tries to load another level which is just a screen of glitchy graphics garbage. The player character and a few enemies are still there and you can run around a little bit but nothing to do except kill yourself off.

EDIT - After looking at a Youtube playthrough that does have a short playable 6th level, I'm guessing there is a problem with my disk 🙁

BluesBrothersGlitch.jpg
Filename
BluesBrothersGlitch.jpg
File size
140.31 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Next game up will be Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade : The Graphic Adventure on my 486. I've played this a few times before and both times the fist fighting sections have annoyed me enough to quit playing, but I'm determined to finish it this time around.