VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 160 of 164, by Azarien

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Regarding this comment about Total Annihilation

Complains about missing Msvcp90.dll. You can get these files from Thief or Thief 2 \Microsoft.VC90.CRT.

The official source for Msvcp90.dll is here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows … t?view=msvc-170
Install vcredist_x86.exe for Visual Studio 2008 on a target system.
Haven't tested if the installer works with KernelEx.

Reply 161 of 164, by s997863

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Outcast on GOG includes "Outcast Classic" which works on Win-XP.
"Classic" seems to be based on the Outcast DVD edition, so it should be portable and also work on Win-98 by copying the installed game folder from a new PC to the win98 PC.
Setup/bug tips are in the attached text file.

Attachments

Reply 162 of 164, by d3vilsadvocate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm I never even bother with GOG releases

Usually I just pull an ISO from REMOVED and install that with patches. Ends up being quite the time saver usually.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2023-10-17, 19:36. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 163 of 164, by Kimura

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the GOG release of Superhero League of Hoboken working natively on my DOS machine after finding a solution here on Vogons via google: Superhero League of Hoboken issues

In the case of installing the game on native DOS, all three lines configuring paths in the legend.ini need to be changed to reflect the directory the game folder originally named "DATA" resides in. The VOCDATA is not on a separate drive as in the original release, when it was on the CD.

For example, if the game is in C:\GAMES\SLH you would use
GAMEDATA=C:\GAMES\SLH\
VOCDATA=C:\GAMES\SLH\
SAVEDATA=C:\GAMES\SLH\

Reply 164 of 164, by leech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'll add a note here about Fallout: while the original disk (I still happen to have mine) does have a DOS version, it is one of those that you have to wonder why they released it for DOS, it's very choppy and needs the acceleration bits that Windows provides. So, it's not terribly surprising that GOG only supplies the Windows version.