VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the below card. The larger capacitors are marked as 10, 6s, then some random numbers (0G2) which I am sure is a date code of some sort. The smaller 2 capacitors in the bottom left though are marked 22, N, 6. I know the larger ones are 10uf 6V but what would the smaller ones be? Are they 22uf 6V or would it be 22nf 6V because of that N marking on there?

3dfx_Voodoo3_2000_PCI_SGR_rev._D1_F.jpg
Filename
3dfx_Voodoo3_2000_PCI_SGR_rev._D1_F.jpg
File size
1.79 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well the one of mine I can find, is a different PCB, the voltage reg is rotated 90 degrees upward, and in that area on that one, I don't have cans, but surface mount black block types ones that just say 22-16 on them.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's probably a roll of the dice, have not had to get into it yet myself, some hints to try in this thread, several of which are less work than cap replacement to try first..
Help me repair a Voodoo 3 3000 PCI.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.