VOGONS

First post, by MRVFONE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello All,

I'm trying to find the DOS PCMCIA card and socket service software. I had downloaded heaps of "cardsoft.zip" files. But they won't work with the "Texas Instruments PCI-1420" PCMCIA chipset my laptop has.

I thought the card soft software was free to use for the DOS version... But can't seam to find a "full" version of it. Most seam to ONLY have the drivers for the chipset in a specific laptop etc.. Not a "full" install that has all of its drivers.

Any help would be apricated!

Thanks,

Tim.

Reply 2 of 14, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a "full" version that came with a pcmcia sound card.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 14, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I remember finding drivers for the TI stuff actually on TI's site some long while ago, 10+ years. Dunno if you could dig it out on the waybackmachine.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 5 of 14, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MRVFONE wrote on 2021-10-05, 08:00:
Did you want to share it?? […]
Show full quote
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-10-05, 01:52:

Did you want to share it??

Thanks,

T.

Yeah, I'll image and upload the disks to vogonsdrivers hopefully this evening and then post back here with the link.

I might have a few other versions of cardsoft as well. I'll check at the same time. Maybe make a collection and upload them to vogonsdrivers and archive.org.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 6 of 14, by MRVFONE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-10-05, 14:56:
MRVFONE wrote on 2021-10-05, 08:00:
Did you want to share it?? […]
Show full quote
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-10-05, 01:52:

Did you want to share it??

Thanks,

T.

Yeah, I'll image and upload the disks to vogonsdrivers hopefully this evening and then post back here with the link.

I might have a few other versions of cardsoft as well. I'll check at the same time. Maybe make a collection and upload them to vogonsdrivers and archive.org.

Thanks so much!! Its been driving me nuts, I just don't know why it is so hard to find the software...

Tim.

Reply 7 of 14, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MRVFONE wrote on 2021-10-04, 21:37:
Hello All, […]
Show full quote

Hello All,

I'm trying to find the DOS PCMCIA card and socket service software. I had downloaded heaps of "cardsoft.zip" files. But they won't work with the "Texas Instruments PCI-1420" PCMCIA chipset my laptop has.

I thought the card soft software was free to use for the DOS version... But can't seam to find a "full" version of it. Most seam to ONLY have the drivers for the chipset in a specific laptop etc.. Not a "full" install that has all of its drivers.

Thanks,

Tim.

Did you edit config.sys to add the drivers yourself?
That chip may be compatible with the ss365sl.exe or ss365lp.exe drivers.

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 8 of 14, by MRVFONE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lolo799 wrote on 2021-10-05, 22:01:
MRVFONE wrote on 2021-10-04, 21:37:
Hello All, […]
Show full quote

Hello All,

Thanks,

Tim.

Did you edit config.sys to add the drivers yourself?
That chip may be compatible with the ss365sl.exe or ss365lp.exe drivers.

Sadly its not compatible. I tried both files.. neigher worked 🙁

T.

Reply 9 of 14, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What laptop model? Any Pcmcia related option in the Bios?
Try using sscbti.sys and cs.exe from Cardsoft/32 https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … driverid=576348

If that fails, use Cardware 7.0 from APSoft, there is a trial version available.
https://www.tssc.de/

Reply 11 of 14, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you try Phoenix Card Manager? I think it worked at least with some TI controllers. Not sure about 1420, though.

Filename
PCM4.zip
File size
2.98 MiB
Downloads
250 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Edit: and here is a "full install" of cardsoft Re: Compaq LTE Elite 4/50cx - how to get PCMCIA=> CF support?

Last edited by Bondi on 2022-09-20, 09:29. Edited 1 time in total.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 12 of 14, by MRVFONE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lolo799 wrote on 2021-10-06, 21:04:
What laptop model? Any Pcmcia related option in the Bios? Try using sscbti.sys and cs.exe from Cardsoft/32 https://www.drivergui […]
Show full quote

What laptop model? Any Pcmcia related option in the Bios?
Try using sscbti.sys and cs.exe from Cardsoft/32 https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … driverid=576348

If that fails, use Cardware 7.0 from APSoft, there is a trial version available.
https://www.tssc.de/

Tryed "sscbti.sys". But doesn't work with my TI chip onboard.... BUT this software actually came up with more options for support than any other drivers i have tryed. So i think it would help others that have a diffrent chipset than mine...

"Cardware 7.0 from APSoft", Apears to need windows 3.11 at a guess. It won't install in plain DOS.

T.

Reply 14 of 14, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MRVFONE wrote on 2021-10-07, 21:26:

"Cardware 7.0 from APSoft", Apears to need windows 3.11 at a guess. It won't install in plain DOS.

The cwdw.exe downloadable from their website is a Windows 32bit app that gives the choice of creating install floppies or unpacking in a directory, in it there's a DOS install.exe and a Win 3.1x setup.