First post, by trozx
Same old story - bought a CT2700 from that auction site, and it only partially functions. Midi plays but no digital sound - sometimes a faint beeping can be heard or an occasional, garbled high pitch sound will come through when digital audio is played.
Main rig is a Socket 7, DOS 6.22 only machine.
* Jumpers match SET variable.
* Clean driver install in Dos 6.22.
* SBCHECK reports the card correctly.
* Triple checked for resource conflicts.
* Tried in a Win98 system- Pentium 3 / Slot 1 - same symptoms.
Does anybody have a schematic of this card? I think the DSP is good, but maybe a failed DAC.
No missing components. No shorts across the capacitors. I thought about a recap, but I don't know if it's worth fixing.
The music output is strong and clean, with or without the op amps enabled.
I have a wave blaster type card on the way, maybe I can use it just for music and use a PNP card for everything else.