VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bhuthogg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hiya. (again)
I have an old pc that has usb 1.1 and was wondering if I can get a usb "SNES style" pad drivers in DOS ?
I did Google this and most results show gravis.

Reply 1 of 4, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Making DOS recognize USB was a pain when I tried it last year, I ultimately gave up on it.

If you don't want to use an "Advanced Gravis" pad in your game port, there's a program called SNESKEY that allows you to connect a real SNES pad to a parallel port.

There are schematics online for building your own adapter, or you can order one from Raphnet.

https://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_co … rport/index.php

Reply 2 of 4, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Volo from this very board made a SNES/Megadrive to PS/2 adapter, I have one and it's been great!

Volo's Gamepad to PS/2 Adapter. Device discussion (official thread) SOLD OUT (06.02.2023)

Send him an email if you're interested, it is in his signature.

Reply 3 of 4, by Bhuthogg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm at a certain stage now where I've discovered loading usbuhci.com + usbjstik.com + joykeys which I believe were all written by Bret Johnson..
This for the most part works it's going to require some tweaking in the buttons.
However I'm still in need of a bit help on how to get these files to autoload on boot that would save me a lot of time between reboots ?

Can anyone assist ?
Scrap that.. .this works at c:\ prompt for up down left right tied to cursors and space and enter all works great. However on loading Duke3d or doom it won't do any of the keypress'

Reply 4 of 4, by oso2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bhuthogg wrote on 2022-01-02, 18:56:
I'm at a certain stage now where I've discovered loading usbuhci.com + usbjstik.com + joykeys which I believe were all written b […]
Show full quote

I'm at a certain stage now where I've discovered loading usbuhci.com + usbjstik.com + joykeys which I believe were all written by Bret Johnson..
This for the most part works it's going to require some tweaking in the buttons.
However I'm still in need of a bit help on how to get these files to autoload on boot that would save me a lot of time between reboots ?

Can anyone assist ?
Scrap that.. .this works at c:\ prompt for up down left right tied to cursors and space and enter all works great. However on loading Duke3d or doom it won't do any of the keypress'

Brett is active on bttr forum and he has his own forum. I don’t know if he has an account here.

http://bretjohnson.us/forum/