VOGONS

First post, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello,

can someone suggest a functional and precise CPU usage tool for Win 98 First Edition? I did try a sort of Task Manager clone but I think had problem giving real CPU usage values which I'd like to monitor to test multimedia video card accelerations. Any real time software with good reading capabilities?

Thanks

Reply 1 of 5, by Hoping

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Windows 98 SE has it's own resource monitor, a task manager, and a network monitor they aren't installed by default you have to select it on the personalized install. But I don't know about Win98FE, never used it since the 90's

Reply 2 of 5, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm trying to search a good one but I had mixed results on some in the past where sometimes they seems to work ok other times they gave impossible readings (like 0% CPU). I'd like one software enough good to have always the right values of the real cpu usage like other o.s.

Reply 3 of 5, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can see if Proc EXP will run. This is the oldest version I have, never tested it on 1st edition but it runs fine on Vanilla Second edition.

Theres also WinTop from the 95 kernel Toys. It might show CPU usage of a program.

Attachments

• Filename
    ProcExp.7z
    File size
    1014.22 KiB
    Downloads
    81 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 5, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This version is a bit newer than one I had been using (10.20 vs 10.1), I'll try it sometime on my machines.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜