VOGONS

First post, by Devilot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I run it with the .exe, it runs fine... except that it freezes on a black screen after certain important scenes, like Mike Dawson going to bed, or answering the door to recieve the package. At first, I thought it was just taking a while, like the game starting up, but it seems to be genuinely frozen.

Note: Deleted an unnecessary comment.

EDIT: Sorry if this problem has already been solved before. Searching for Darkseed didn't come up with anything similar, and searching for "Dark Seed" got too many irrelevant results to even hope to find if there was a solution

EDIT: Sorry about not including it the first time: Here's what of the help guidelines request for information I can get easily--I will add more as I find it:

Processor type: AMD Athlon XP. Can't remember the number it used, but it's got a clock speed of 1.66 GHz.

Amount and Type of RAM: 512 Megs DDR, don't know what speed.

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128 Meg.

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Operating System: Windows XP

Sound Mode Used: Sound Blaster emulation

Version of Emulator: DOSBox 0.61

Steps taken to fix problem: Tried tweaking CPU cycles and frame skip to rush through it if it was slowdown rather than freezing.

Reply 1 of 7, by dhruba.bandopadhyay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

0.65 & 0.70 is fine with Mike answering the door. I haven't gone to bed yet as am stuck in the library with a black screen when librarian shows me a book.

Please sign the Blood source code release petition

Reply 5 of 7, by dhruba.bandopadhyay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Silly me. I been running TOS.exe instead of DS.bat. DS.bat loads up smartdrv which the game needed to view the cutscenes.

Please sign the Blood source code release petition