VOGONS

First post, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is this miniature ATX PSU connector called? It is 38 mm long, smaller than standard ATX, on a desktop socket 479 motherboard. I have a suitable power supply, but its size is longer than the board, so won't be suitable for the small build I'm planning. The PSU I have is like a long Flex ATX PSU, but I'm not sure if that is the name of the connector. The motherboard is mini ITX

Attachments

• IMG_0837.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_0837.JPG
    File size
    63.56 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 1 of 9, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
debs3759 wrote on 2022-04-19, 23:31:

What is this miniature ATX PSU connector called? It is 38 mm long, smaller than standard ATX, on a desktop socket 479 motherboard. I have a suitable power supply, but its size is longer than the board, so won't be suitable for the small build I'm planning. The PSU I have is like a long Flex ATX PSU, but I'm not sure if that is the name of the connector. The motherboard is mini ITX

Something similar to the Molex Micro-Fit Connector System?

Filename
Molex 0430452424.pdf
File size
51.09 KiB
Downloads
29 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 9, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That looks like it, thanks. I can't find any kind of micro fit psu or ATX adapter so far, so may have to use the psu I have. I think I found a suitable case, so that's something 😀

Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 3 of 9, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote on 2022-04-20, 00:23:

That looks like it, thanks. I can't find any kind of micro fit psu or ATX adapter so far, so may have to use the psu I have. I think I found a suitable case, so that's something 😀

What are that PSU's brand and model ?

You may be able to find a hint as to how to find a smaller sized equivalent based on its spec sheet or manual .

Reply 5 of 9, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The PSU is an AcBel (never heard of them) API5PC14. The motherboard is an Asus PTGV-DM, from an HP Onyx system. I have the whole system apart from the original case. Everything I see for sale is 4-pin, no 24 pin adapter to use with an ATX PSU

Reply 6 of 9, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I see loads of these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185345768371?var=0 … BSABEgINUPD_BwE - but is the wiring / pin pitch what you're looking for???

Surprised you've not heard of AcBel - IBM used them loads

Reply 7 of 9, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was searching "micro-fit". That looks like what I need, thanks. I've never worked on boards from large OEMs 😀

Reply 8 of 9, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is it the Asus HP 479 board? If you search for the motherboard model # or HP name it should come up with an adapter on ebay. I bought one a few years ago.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 9 of 9, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ODwilly wrote on 2022-04-20, 01:20:

Is it the Asus HP 479 board? If you search for the motherboard model # or HP name it should come up with an adapter on ebay. I bought one a few years ago.

Searching the motherboard name came up with nothing. The link PC Hoarder Patrol posted gave me search terms for a good few adapter cable, so all is good