Common searches

List of Currently Free Games

Topic actions

Reply 121 of 473, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is not a way to share about free games, but some people are already making videos of seeing

Epic-

Death Stranding Director's Cut

for free. The videos appear genuine, they open Epic Games normally and see the game where it should be.

I am just posting to see if those leaks are true, as a record. If it doesn't match, I will delete it.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 123 of 473, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-12-25, 15:36:
This is not a way to share about free games, but some people are already making videos of seeing […]
Show full quote

This is not a way to share about free games, but some people are already making videos of seeing

Epic-

for free. The videos appear genuine, they open Epic Games normally and see the game where it should be.

I am just posting to see if those leaks are true, as a record. If it doesn't match, I will delete it.

I checked the website and the game appeared free. However, there are issues with the store when checking the account or trying to log in. 😐

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 124 of 473, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gmlb256 wrote on 2022-12-25, 16:36:
This is not a way to share about free games, but some people are already making videos of seeing […]
Show full quote

Epic-

I checked the website and the game appeared free. However, there are issues with the store when checking the account or trying to log in. 😐

I posted this before it was free. I had some issues logging in but it's fine, there's tomorrow if you can't claim today

Reply 125 of 473, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Show full quote

Epic-

Let's not muddy this thread with predictions of what *might* be a free game in future. The title is pretty self-explanatory.

Reply 126 of 473, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like Epic changed the game...

It says Death Stranding (they removed Director's Cut) only. The funny thing is both the games show that they are being processed on my account.

Attachments

Reply 129 of 473, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Epic - Severed Steel

Amazon Prime Gaming

Dishonored 2 (GOG)
The King of Fighters 2003
Metal Slug X
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
Metal Slug
Twinkly Star Sprites
The Last Blade
The Last Blade 2

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 130 of 473, by gmaverick2k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
realnc wrote on 2022-12-24, 09:01:
kolderman wrote on 2022-12-22, 19:57:

Has anyone tried getting Epic games working on a retro PC like GOG games? Is it even possible?

If the games are DRM-free (they should be,) just copy over the game files to the retro machine after installing them on a modern PC. Most games I played so far, even modern ones, did not require the Epic launcher at all.

Wow does that actually work? I have an XP build with over a tonne of gog games (yaaaar, shiver me timbers) sitting on a drive and a separate win98 build.... I've got to try this out when I next get the chance. Do you have any issues with registry when it's installed?

"What's all this racket going on up here, son? You watchin' yer girl cartoons again?"

Reply 131 of 473, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gmaverick2k wrote on 2022-12-27, 22:02:
realnc wrote on 2022-12-24, 09:01:
kolderman wrote on 2022-12-22, 19:57:

Has anyone tried getting Epic games working on a retro PC like GOG games? Is it even possible?

If the games are DRM-free (they should be,) just copy over the game files to the retro machine after installing them on a modern PC. Most games I played so far, even modern ones, did not require the Epic launcher at all.

Wow does that actually work? I have an XP build with over a tonne of gog games (yaaaar, shiver me timbers) sitting on a drive and a separate win98 build.... I've got to try this out when I next get the chance. Do you have any issues with registry when it's installed?

I think GoG games do not install, only self-extract. Similar to the "installer" you can make with Winrar yourself. Or at least they used to be like that. I remember being able to open GoG installers with archive managers and simply extract them. That doesn't mean GoG games are always fully compatible with retro PCs. There are known issues with certain games.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 132 of 473, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gmaverick2k wrote on 2022-12-27, 22:02:

I haven't done this myself, but since they don't use installers, they should run from anywhere you care to copy them to. The launchers (be it Steam, GOG Galaxy or Epic) just download the files. They don't touch the registry.

Reply 134 of 473, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
realnc wrote on 2022-12-27, 22:25:

They don't touch the registry.

there's a few that do touch the registry (like setting a CD-key up in advance, or some plain path-setting/obscure key simple DRM that used to be just a basic defense against simply copying)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 136 of 473, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote on 2022-12-27, 17:23:
Epic - Severed Steel […]
Show full quote

Epic - Severed Steel

Amazon Prime Gaming

Dishonored 2 (GOG)
The King of Fighters 2003
Metal Slug X
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
Metal Slug
Twinkly Star Sprites
The Last Blade
The Last Blade 2

Most of that games are old Neo Geo games... you can extract the ROMs from the installers and then try to run through favourite emulator.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 139 of 473, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Amazon Prime has a free key for Dishonored 2 on GOG.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks