VOGONS

Reply 40 of 44, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-06-05, 01:37:

Zoo explorers and Oceans explorers from Compton's New Media. They are full quick time games

Nice. Technically, I think they are Macromedia Director based, but use QuickTime for video clips.
Those came along in a "Multimedia PC" bundle and I remember playing them.
Body Works was another one if you call that a "game".
After doing a clean install, you'd get slightly a different version of QuickTime depending on what order you installed the various games, since they all bundled a different one.

Reply 41 of 44, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jakethompson1 wrote on 2024-02-19, 00:01:
Nice. Technically, I think they are Macromedia Director based, but use QuickTime for video clips. Those came along in a "Multime […]
Show full quote
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-06-05, 01:37:

Zoo explorers and Oceans explorers from Compton's New Media. They are full quick time games

Nice. Technically, I think they are Macromedia Director based, but use QuickTime for video clips.
Those came along in a "Multimedia PC" bundle and I remember playing them.
Body Works was another one if you call that a "game".
After doing a clean install, you'd get slightly a different version of QuickTime depending on what order you installed the various games, since they all bundled a different one.

Looking at the box you are correct it had both logos on the front. Wow Body Works I remember that as a kid. I think I still have that somewhere.

Reply 42 of 44, by HandOfFate

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rarcher wrote on 2024-02-18, 23:52:
HandOfFate wrote on 2020-08-05, 12:49:

I think Maabus also required it.

I don't know why I remember that game, at all, but the name conjures up images of Quicktime to me and Mobygames backs my memory: "Maabus uses three CD's worth of Quick-Time Video clips to generate scene transitions as you pilot an automated tank across the mysterious island. "

Ok so I randomly came across this thread. YOU REMINDED ME OF THIS GAME I lost it from my childhood and could NEVER remember its name right jesus christ man thank you!!!

Haha, happy to help!

Am486 DX4 120MHz, no L2, 16MB, Tseng ET4000/W32 1MB VLB, ESS ES1869 /// 5x86 133MHz, 256kb L2, 64MB, S3 Virge/DX 4MB PCI, SB16 + Yucatan FX, PicoGUS /// Pentium III 1GHz, 512MB, Asus V7700 64MB AGP, SB Live!

Reply 43 of 44, by cyril634

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is also the French video game "Les Guignols de l’info" for both Windows 3.1 and Mac OS.
It was daily satirical latex puppet show broadcast on the French television during the 90’s

Reply 44 of 44, by ElectroSoldier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The FMV era of video games 😀