VOGONS

First post, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's ALWAYS SOMETHING!!! 😠 😠 😠

Sound Devices:
1) SB16 (w/ DB50xg attached)
2) MPU401AT (w/ SCB-55 attached, as well as controller for the MT-32, which is sound device 3)
4) Ensoniq SS

Speakers: Logitech Z-5500s which have a 3.5mm jack input

Well, I THOUGHT I'd be golden with these 2plug->1jack cables... http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp … &seq=1&format=2
Get a few of those and have everything goto the 1 run of 3.5mm cord to the Z5500.

Turns out that the SB16 doesn't play nice w/ the MPU401-AT if they're both hooked up at the same time.... it diminishes the SB16 sound level as well as quality.

SOOO.... what's a good 4-in 1-out 3.5mm mixer that won't send power from one line back up the line of the other input device, which is what I'm assuming is happening here and causing issues.

Thanks guys
Mike

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 1 of 7, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Something like this one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behrin … ixer?sku=631239
They have other models with more inputs. I use UB1002 which gives me five stereo inputs (counting tape) and the quality is exceptional. The price is also right but keep in mind that you will need some adapters -- the mixer uses 1/4".

Reply 2 of 7, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I guess it boils down to I just need something that will be able to combine 2 sources into 1 output, for the times when I need sound/music from different sources. Oh and the LINE-IN on the SB16 doesn't work for some stinking reason.

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 3 of 7, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmmm Vasyl, thanks for that link...

It's also been suggested I get the 802

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behrin … -802?sku=631263

But I guess for PC gaming needs that UB1002 is just the ticket eh? Or should I spend the $10 more for the 802?

Thanks (and yes, I'm clueless about all this mixer stuff)

-edit, okay, it looks like the UB1002 is EXACTLY what I need. Awesome 😀

Reply 4 of 7, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are two 802s -- one is XENYX (link in your post), the other is UB802: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behrin … ixer?sku=631238. Can't tell the real difference, besides the color and price. UB1002 has more inputs. I don't have personal experience with XENYX line. It may well be of better quality but I don't see anything wrong with UB1002. I would not be surprised if there is a measurable difference in microphone inputs quality but that's exactly the part I don't care about.

Reply 5 of 7, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I won a used UB1002 for $41 shipped 😀

I'm seeing that Behringer doesn't have a good rep on AVS but oh well, for $41 it'll be a nice starter mixer even if it only lasts for a little while.

Reply 6 of 7, by Spaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use the Rolls MX41b passive mixer. It works flawlessly with my four sound cards (AWE64 Gold, Roland LAPC-I, Roland SCC-1, Gravis Ultrasound MAX). I have it connected to a set of Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 speakers.

mx41b.jpg

Reply 7 of 7, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well crap.... oh well....

With the UB1002 I get to buy a 8 channel snake thing... gonna have all kinds of crazy cables all over the place... muwahahahahaha /evil laugh.